Monday, December 15, 2008

I've been calling and calling for you, but you answer and I shut my mouth.
I've been searching and and searching for you, but myself I don't want to be found.

You say "I am", You say "let go", You say "believe" but it's not that easy for me.
You say "wait", You say "right now", "don't you see your already one foot at the ground", You say.

I've been wicked and wild and wrong and I've wondered the price of my shame.
I've been hiding my face for so long it's a wonder that You know my name.

You say "come home", You say "I'm here", You say "there's some things you just can't control."
You say "let me", You say "Believe, why do you search for the answers you already know?"

You say, "I am the way,and the light and the truth. Don't be mislead by the flight of your youth.
Have faith in the things you can't see to believe. What if you had faith in me?"

You say "rest here, this is your home.Don't you see that you knew I was here all along?"
You see

2 comments:

Brother Snipes Mama said...

OMG - I, like Jill, just figured out this is you. That picture doesn't look anything like you. It does however look like Jill's mom. All this time I couldn't figure out why she was trying to pass herself off as twentysomething.

I just found your blog. Because you see I read them at work so I try to keep the reading to a minimum. I read Daytontime and Daniels 5. Now I'll add yours but I'm starting to feel guilty doing it at work. I'm reading away and my secretary just brought me a cup of coffee. It doesn't get much better than that.

Brother Snipes Mama said...

Now I didn't mean you looked old. I mean you resemble Jills mom. the two of you have similar features.