Monday, November 17, 2008

Will you start writing a blog already?! Your comments are all keepers, you should really be writing.

okay so peer pressure may or may not have had something to do with this. i used to keep a blog throught out high school because blogging started with my generation. sadly, it mainly was a carbon copy of my best's (and that may or may not have pissed her off). when i wasn't stealing/plagiarizing her ideas i was normally whining about how i haven't found love (because let's be real what sixteen year old has?) or i was stating my "wise" statements to the virtual world. needless to say when i entered college i said to myself "self, your blog is stupid" and there for deleted it.

i am now at a new turning point in my life, graduating college, and i am terrified and excited. i am finding that i have spent a lot of money and i know nothing. a lot of my "beliefs" have...been called into question/changed/no longer exist/are brand spanking new. since entering this vast intellectual world that is commonly referred to as college, life has changed. i have gained some wisdom, starting with the realization that i wasn't really wise. ever. i have loved and lost/kicked his butt to the curb (because i was raised that a girl was something that boys were to take care of and treat nicely and that may or may not have been happening) and i stopped trying to be the carbon copy of my best, because while she still is my best, we are not the same person. i learned that i like being from the country and that doesn’t mean i am a dumb hick and i came to understand that the lessons you learned in sunday school will help you through some of the hardest times.

i don't have a lot of free time to blog, and this blog may not stay, but in the very least i'll be writing again and i'll have a place to share the ridiculous/wonderful story that make up my life.

3 comments:

Jon Dayton said...

Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhooohooo!

Pamela said...

Your comments are keepers? I wouldn't know. You never comment!!! But I'll be reading anyway.

twenty something said...

haha, he meant my comments on facebook.

but i'll be better at commenting!