Tuesday, November 18, 2008

there, there baby it's just textbook stuff, it's in the abc's of growing up

i was able to tackle many a hard situation today keeping this thought in mind...others come first. it is almost amazing the turn around an attitude like that can have.

it was a day for being an adult. it was not an easy day (because most days when you have to be an adult are not easy) however i made it, and i must say that i did it damn well.


"It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it.'"- audrey hepburn

6 comments:

Jill said...

This may sound really stupid, especially if I should know who this is, but who is this? You left a comment on my blog and i couldn't for the life of me be for certain who you are.

twenty something said...

yes you are right it does sound rather silly as i am your cousin and my picture was right next to my comment!

hahaha

Jill said...

Ok yeah I am an ass, I saw you picture and I kept telling myself that it was you, but then I was like "no, its not jackie" Was this one of your senior pictures? It couldn't have been you look so grown up, very "Dr. Shaw-ish" if I do say-so-myself and I do say-so!

twenty something said...

yeah it was one of my senior pictures. i really like it but everyone tells me that it looks nothing like me.

Jon Dayton said...

You do look like a movie star in that picture. And "Doctor" does have a nice ring to it. Your name would look good with alphabet soup after it.

Pamela said...

sending you hugs. crappy days are crappy no matter how textbook they are. and believe me, because i know about crap. yes, yes i do.